Kalmar USA Inc is seeking Automation Engineer for a large project located at the Port of Long Beach/Port of Los Angeles area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Based at the Port of Los Angeles/Port of Long Beach, CA area, the Operation Support performs system implementation tasks for large and complex automation projects. He or she determines business and technology requirements in terms of operational processes and technology. He or she works as part of a Operation Monitoring team providing daily reports to the Kalmar Automation TEAM.
- Implement Kalmar Automation solutions with customers
- Identifies operational problems by observing and studying system
- Identifies operational priorities by assessing operational objectives
- Identifies interface requirements to integrate Kalmar Automation solutions with customer's existing systems
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Anticipates operational problems by studying operating targets, modes of operation, unit limitations, monitoring unit performance
- Able to report system bugs and problems through reporting tools
- Able to update new software or firmware releases for software and automation equipment’s with different platforms
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors’ or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, Business or Industrial Engineering or relevant discipline
- Candidates should have at 1-2 year’s relevant business or product experience or the equivalent Internship or co-op experience in a business setting related to Computer Science, Business Logistics, Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering preferred
- Detail oriented, hardworking and self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- Experience with Linux, Windows, and SQL Server 2014 onwards
- Experience with communication protocols like CAN , Ethernet , RS232, PROFIBUS, Siemens PLC experience
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills in several applications and technologies
- Ability to work off-shifts occasionally, based on customer needs
- Comfortable working at elevated crane heights if required, at customer sites
Kalmar offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision,Life Insurance plans, 401(k), vacation and holidays.
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding career, are motivated and have a strong work ethic, and are interested in domestic and international travel, we invite you to apply for our Automation Engineer role.
Please submit your application, resume and salary request to Erica Martin-Miller, Manager of Recruitment (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) by 28 February 2017
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Kalmar offers the widest range of cargo handling solutions and services to ports, terminals, distribution centres and to the heavy industry. Kalmar is the industry forerunner in terminal automation and in energy efficient container handling, with one in four container movements around the globe being handled by a Kalmar solution. Through its extensive product portfolio, global service network and ability to enable a seamless integration of different terminal processes, Kalmar improves the efficiency of every move. www.kalmarglobal.com
Kalmar is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's sales totalled approximately EUR 3.7 billion in 2015 and it employs over 11,000 people. Cargotec's class B shares are quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd under symbol CGCBV. www.cargotec.com