We are looking for an experienced
Manager, Global EHS
to own the global Kalmar Service EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety) development and management.
The manager will report to the Vice President, Service Operations and dotted to the Corporate Director, Integrated Management Systems. The role will work closely with the Region business heads and Country Managing directors to champion and drive a positive EHS culture across the global Services operations in accordance with the corporate guidelines.
- Responsible to build the local Global Service EHS organization, to deploy the coprorate strategy.
- Championing and driving a positive EHS culture within the Service Global organization
- Contribute to team efforts (Global service and Corporate) by accomplishing related tasks and goals as needed, including special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Deploy and maintain the corporate systems to collect and report EHS metrics for all global Service Centers.
- Develop, maintain, coordinate and oversee EHS programs and procedures/policies for the global service organization. This will include all regulations in the Union and country, as well as corporate requirements and industry initiatives developed through trade organizations.
- Oversee various processes (e.g. training, change control, risk management, third party management) to ensure compliance to relevant standards.
- Develop, maintain, coordinate, and oversee environmental, health and safety auditing for all Service Centers. This will include all applicable regulations in the Union and Country.
- Identify and evaluate existing and forthcoming applicable environmental, health & safety regulations and risks as they apply to the local Service Centers;
- Ensure that accident and incident investigations and remedial actions are completed.
- Ensure the findings of accident investigations, safety inspections, audits and risk assessments are brought to the attention of management and others who may be affected.
- Ensure regular health and safety committee meetings are held and ensure that meeting minutes are brought to the attention of all employees and that actions are implemented.
- Provide guidance and direction in EHS programs at the managers level to ensure a common and effective approach
- Drive issues and evaluate the level of severity quickly to ensure proper actions are taken to mitigate prolonged exposures of risk or liability.
- Co-operate with Corporate, Human Resources and other parties as required to ensure that the business is free from risks to health and safety.
In order to be successful in this position we believe you fulfil the following criteria:
Education and experience
- University Degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- HES industry certification
- Knowledge of Global Regulations relating to Health, Safety, and Environment;ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 experience.
- Auditing and due diligence experience and training.
- Experience in the BBS (Behavior-based safety guide) approach (EHS Culture).
- Experience of managing Health and Safety across multi-sites.
- Experience of implementing best practices policies, procedures and process across different sites, ensuring consistency in application where appropriate.
- Minimum of ten years of professional EHS experience.Competencies
- Strong Drive
- Process Development
- Social skills
- Team work
- English and Other Languages
The office location for this job is in Europe. Our main locations are Ljungby in Sweden, Rotterdam in the Netherlands and Tampere in Finland.
For further information please contact Fabio Calvi, Vice President Service Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile + +393356520738.
Please submit your application, CV and salary request at email@example.com by 3 March, 2017.
Kalmar offers the widest range of cargo handling solutions and services to ports, terminals, distribution centres and to the heavy industry. Kalmar is the industry forerunner in terminal automation and in energy efficient container handling, with one in four container movements around the globe being handled by a Kalmar solution. Through its extensive product portfolio, global service network and ability to enable a seamless integration of different terminal processes, Kalmar improves the efficiency of every move. www.kalmarglobal.com
Kalmar is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's sales totalled approximately EUR 3.7 billion in 2015 and it employs over 11,000 people. Cargotec's class B shares are quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd under symbol CGCBV. www.cargotec.com